Countdown

Saturday, March 9, 2013

37 weeks...Full Term, YAY!!!


We have made it to the magical 37 weeks. At 37 weeks most of the physiological developments in the baby are now complete and most babies do not require mandatory NICU time. Most babies born at 37 weeks have no complications and go home with no issues. So we are celebrating this milestone because it means that the baby is done cooking (I wish). Other sources cite 39 weeks as being full term and based on the doctor's appointment this week, looks like we will be making it to 39 weeks at the very least regardless of how miserable I am.


This week I was in full nesting mode. I washed all the baby's clothes, cleaned the apartment. I was on my feet so much that IJ thought I was going to go into labor. He kept reminding me that I was 9 months pregnant but I could not stop. While I am sure there are a lot of things I forgot, at this point, WE ARE READY for the newest member of our family to join us. He has a place to sleep (Thanks to Aunty Nyasha) and that's all he needs, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment