23 weeks.
One more week to viability. It looks like this time around I am paranoid about having a pre-term delivery. I remember being so disappointed that I.Jr was only 6lbs 2oz, I was so convinced that I was going to have a big baby, 8-9lbs but that weight gained was so deceiving. Dr Kodner told me that his placenta was just small and that was why he was small. So now I can imagine that my uterus grew this giant size placenta especially after being told that the baby measured at 9oz at the 20 week ultrasound which makes him really small too. So I can't afford to have the baby pre-term. Smaller babies have a higher risk of complications. Anything after 38.5 weeks will be great.
Some ladies on the pregnancy board have already had their babies. Legally in the US, 24 weeks is the point of viability where they actually try to save the babies. These micro-preemies tend to have a long road to recovery ahead of them, most spending 4-6 months in the NICU. Those bills tend to go as high as $2 million but thanks to Obamacare, no lifetime maximums.
This week we are also looking forward to the 24 week ultrasound to check on the CPC. I am really praying that it will disappear this time around. I am also excited to see the little munchkin's progress. He should be bigger this time around. I also finally made baby's first purchase. I should have stuck to my "no purchases in 2012" rule because now I am just looking at baby stuff nonstop. We also set up our registry. I don't think we will get many gifts since this is our second but it will also serve as a list of things that we need to buy. Either way... I AM SO EXCITED!

i am excited for you and i will be praying for you
ReplyDelete