Countdown

Friday, November 30, 2012

No more CPC....


Today we had our long awaited ultrasound to check on the previously diagnosed choroid plexus cyst. If you recall, after our 19 week ultrasound, Dr Kodner sent us to the hospital for a level II ultrasound which confirmed a 4mm choroid plexus cyst on the right ventricle of the baby's brain. We waited 4 weeks for the follow up and I am happy to say that the cyst is no more. After everyone's prayers and hope that this would resolve itself, God gave us comfort and the cyst is gone.


I was able to get a clear transverse section of his brain, amongst other pictures. The baby has doubled in size since our last appointment, measuring at 1lb 7oz, finally catching up and putting the weight comfortably over 50%. Lets hope the fattening does not stop, I can't be the only one gaining weight. He is still no doubt small like big brother which is just perfect for the VBAC.

The only other complication right now is the low lying placenta. It has not been officially diagnosed as placenta previa so we will keep praying that the placenta moves up on its own. I also find it interesting that the technician in the ultrasound follow up mentioned that there was fluid in the kidneys in the previous ultrasound and that has cleared up as well. This is apparently very common too with baby boys as their urinary tracts develop differently. All in all, I am really glad that this ultrasound went well, no more scheduled hospital visits until 2013 :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment